Issue creation feature

rmorstein October 18, 2012

We would like incoming email to not determine the priority of the issue/ticket created

4 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Technically, your question did not specify that the solution had to be within the core product, so the answer provided was acurate. As ever, there a trade of between what you want and what you are prepared to pay for, I guess this is a nice to have :)

0 votes
rmorstein October 24, 2012

Looks like this is not handled very well by JIRA and we will not be purchasing a plug in to accomplish this task

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2012

@Simon, have you looked at the JEMH mail handler? It not only allows a configured global default priority but could even by driven by rules based on sender, from address or group membership. If users did need to drive the priority the could also do that through Directives in the email, if enabled by the admin.

For email JEMH is the kiler plugin, if it doesn't do something that people need, I'd like to hear about it!

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2012

Totally forgot about the JEMH - good call!

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

This would take some custom work - it is not possible using JIRA out-of-the-box, or using any plugins that I know of.

Suggest an answer