Issue closed by Jelly script doesn't cause issue closed event.

We are using a Jelly script to check open service requests that are currently resolved for ten days. If an issue is reolved for ten days and a user does not respond, then the Jelly script closes the service request and writes a comment on the issue stating that the issue has not seen any activity and is therefore closed. The problem we are seeing is jeti does not send out an email notification to the user letting them know that the service request is closed. Why is the issue closed event not fired when the Jelly script runs?

As an aside, we don't want IT employees to close service requests. We would rather have issues closed when users respond to a resolved email notification or when the Jelly script runs. Also as a workaround, we could just include the email notification in the Jelly Script, but we would much prefer to use the jeti plugin to handle email notification.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Mirek Community Champion Jun 23, 2014

Hi Matthew,

Notifications depend on the configuration of the workflow. If you are using a Jelly Scrips to transtition an issue you will need to check which event is fired in the workflow post functions when going to Closed. I suppose that this might be GenericEvent. This is why you do not recive any email.

I hope that will help.

Best Regards,

Mirek

Hi Mirek,

Thank you for responding to my post! I double checked the trasition from resolved to closed, and the Issue Closed event is fired as a post function.

Thanks again!

Matt

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted an hour ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

8 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you