Issue Templates in On-Demand JIRA

Andrew Dowds August 29, 2013

My company has a customer onboarding process that involves about 20 tasks divided up among 3 people. I would like to have a template which automatically created those tasks and assigned them. I've reviewed all of the posts about cloning projects/issues but prefer not to have a set of floating unresolved issues to use as a template.

Is there anyway to create a "template project" or "template issue with subtasks" in JIRA On-Demand? I've seen some template plug-ins, but I can't seem to locate any compatible with on-demand. Thanks for your reply.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013
Andrew Dowds August 29, 2013

Daneil / Bob,

Thanks for your quick replies. It appears that the CLI has a lot of flexibility, but correct me if I'm wrong, using CLI to create projects templates via scripts would mean developers would have to maintain the templates (a fulfillment person probably isn't going to login to the server where the script is located and edit the lines - There would need to be QA and testing there). Storing the scripts locally would mean decentralization of templates so that's out.

What I'm looking for is the ability to create and maintain templates via a web-based front-end so fulfillment folks can iterate on their business processes without an extra layer of beuracracy. Does anyone else have suggestions on how this might be achieved with JIRA on-demand?

Thanks,

Andrew

Suggest an answer