Issue Statistics gadget - can it aggregate Fix/Versions across different Projects

DeniseThompson397 July 19, 2014

We are creating Fix/Versions , for eg, "Web Release 22nd August", the wording is EXACTLY the same in Project A as it is in Project B. However when we create a filter containing both Project A and Project B and use that in an underlying Dashboard with gadget Issue Statistics, we wanted to count the Fix/versions for both Project A and Project B. However the Fix Version "Web Release 22nd August" appears twice, once with the number for Project A and the other number for Project B. Is there a way to consolidate them?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2014
Not really. It doesn't matter what you call a version, they are attributes of differing projects, so they are independent objects. If you are willing to code, you could rig up a field that pretends that versions with the same name are the same thing, but it is a bit of a hack (made a lot easier by the script runner if you have it)
DeniseThompson397 July 25, 2014

Thanks Nic, I would love to code but I'm only a user not an administrator. I have no access to code, and actually I don't know what script runner is.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2014

Ah. Jira has a framework for adding plugins (there are loads of them in the marketplace), and you can write and upload your own if you want to add or change functionality. It's actually quite easy to write things like new field types and workflow functions.

The script runner is a plugin that saves you having to write all the structural stuff though - instead of creating a plugin that does one thing, it inserts hooks so you can put your code straight into Jira via text boxes in the admin UI.

It's worth a look - it comes with several built in scripts and a load of examples in the documentation - you can take some example code and use it as a base to build what you need!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events