Issue Statistics Gadget Returns Wrong Total

Adam Harcovitz May 8, 2017

I have an Issue Statistics gadget on my dashboard. Its based on a simple filter showing all open tickets for 3 helpdesk techs. Then the gadget shows the total number of open tickets for each tech. The problem is that if you count their tickets in the filter, the real count is occasionally correct, but usually is higher than what the gadget shows. The amount that it is off by seems to vary as well (As few as 1 and as many as 7).

1 answer

1 vote
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

So, how frequently are you refreshing your Gadgets in Dashboard ? Do you see correct count when you open the Dashboard first time ? 

Also, there is an option called "Show Resolved Issue Statistics" while adding the gadget. By default, it is set to "No".  Can you compre the resolutions of the records in Gadgets and from filter results ? 

Adam Harcovitz May 9, 2017

When I turn on "Show Resolved Issue Statistics" the counts appear to be correct. What does that field do?

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2017

If it's set to "No", only records which are not resolved (no value in resolution field) are considered. 

When you set it to "Yes", it counts records which has resolution (like "Fixed", "Duplicate", "Not a bug" etc)set as well. 

Suggest an answer