Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Security Level for Different Groups and Custom Field Value

ServiceDesk February 2, 2018

I am using JIRA Service Desk Cloud.

Can I set issue security level based on user group and custom field value when issue is created?

Example:

Issue level security :  SEC-CHINA   

User Group (Agent) : CHINA_USR

Custom Field Value (Location) : BEIJING OFFICE

Issue level security :  SEC-JAPAN   

User Group (Agent) : JAPAN_USR

Custom Field Value (Location) : TOKYO OFFICE

So there is a custom field (Location) on the customer portal and customer can select different location (BEIJING OFFICE, TOKYO OFFICE etc).  And the issue should only be seen by the correct user group (e.g. CHINA_USR).  Other user group (JAPAN_USR) cannot see the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2018

You could do it with an add-on like Power Scripts or Scriptrunner. You could create a post-function where you would check you conditions and set the required security level. If you have Power Scripts add-on then your post-function would look like this:

if (#{agent} == "CHINA_USR" && #{location} == "BEIJING OFFICE") {
    securityLevel = "SEC-CHINA";
}
if (#{agent} == "JAPAN_USR" && #{location} == "TOKYO OFFICE") {
    securityLevel = "SEC-JAPAN";
}
ServiceDesk February 5, 2018

Thanks Alexey for your reply,  This add-on is for JIRA Service Desk Cloud I assume?

ServiceDesk February 9, 2018

I just downloaded and install ScriptRunner. I am using the Modify Issue for the Post Function.  How do I update the Security Issue Level?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

I guess you installed the Cloud version. Unfortunately, I do not have it in my Cloud and I can not help you with it.

ServiceDesk February 12, 2018

ScriptRunner.PNG

Manage to get this working in the Modify Issues post function of a Workflow in the ScriptRunner for Cloud version.  By setting different security level based on a custom field value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events