Issue Navigator - shown columns

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

hello

in issue navigator, i clicked on Tools - Configure Columns, add more columns (custom fields assigned only to some type of issue type) and when i click back on Issue navigator, i am not seeing these newly selected columns. Why? There is note: "Note: Not all the fields below are shown in Issue Navigator for each issue (eg custom fields which are only per-project and/or per-issue type)." --- but from the note i only get the idea, that i can might get empty cells ... In Issue Navigator are showed only custom fields for global all issue types?

thx

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2012

The navigator completely drops any column that is not valid for your filtered results. The note covers it.

I don't believe this is a good design myself, it's counter-intuitive and unnecessarily complex, but that is the way Jira has been written.

It will show you columns that are not global, but only if they are valid for the combinations of Project AND Issue type you have selected.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2012

To expand on that - try putting your field back the way it was before, and then altering your filter so that it ONLY has that project and issue type selected. You will get the column then, even if there's no data!

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2012

hmm my situation: i want to see, how many time did tester used -- tester can work with "Test Item" and "Defect" issue type. I want to see a report, where i can sum all durations and get the tester effort. So i want to see in Issue navigator those two issue types with custom fields ...

You suggest to show per issue typeindependently? (did i get it correct?)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2012

If your duration field belongs to both "Test Item" AND "Defect", in the project(s) you are interested in, then you'll get it.

As long as you don't expand the filter to include any project or issue type where the duration field is not valid.

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

and i cannot change them, because they are calculated number field, each summing different fields ... :(

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

hmm no, duration1 and duration2 are each for another issue type :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2012

I'm lost, what are duration1 and duration2? Are they separate custom fields? If so, then you need to give them context for BOTH issue types if you want them to appear in the issue navigator. (Also, I'm curious as to why you've got 2 if they both do the same job)

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

OK, i got it :) i must search the issues like this:

(assignee = mluley OR reporter = mluley) AND (issuetype= Defekt OR issuetype= "Test Item")

and duration1 and duration2 assign to bothissue types (duration1 - calculated number field from values field1 and field2, duration2 - calculated number field from values field3 and field4)

peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

thank you :)

0 votes
peter novak
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2012

i tried to change assignement of custom field to all issue types, and now i can see it in Issue navigator, but this isnt what i need, i need custom field for only specified issue type ... :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events