It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Issue Is Not Assigned To The Correct User

Goutham Mar 12, 2013

Hi,

I have imported few projects from Source instance to Target instance in JIRA. All the issues, custom fields, workflows etc have been succesfully imported. The thing is that for few projects evrything went fine but for another few projects the ASSIGNEE field is being shown as UNASSIGNED in Target instance, even though the issues are being assigned to different users in the Source instance.

Thanks In Advance,

Goutham..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Mar 12, 2013

Did the assignees in the target project have the "can be assigned issues" permission? If they can't be assigned, I suspect the import won't let you set them as assignee.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Mar 12, 2013

OK, and is the user list definitely valid? And the user doing the import has "assign issue" rights?

Goutham Mar 12, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the response. But I have already given that permission. But still I'am facing the problem.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham..

0 votes
codelab expert Mar 12, 2013

Please be sure that your Jira License has the number you need for your users! Otherwise the users are not active and con not assigned. I had have the same problem and this was the reason...

Goutham Mar 12, 2013

Hi Mathias

Thanks for the respone.. :) I'am working on Evaluation License...

Thanks & Regards,

Goutham,

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in United States

Topic Tuesday: Agile

Another week, another Topic Tuesday!  Agile has been on my mind a lot lately because I've seen good implementations and bad implementations, but now as a Jira admin it matters more to me whether...

39 views 0 0
View post

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you