Issue Hierarchy using structure on JIRA dashboard!

Sarath April 21, 2017

Hi, On the JIRA dashboard I want to display all the issue hierachy which I created in Structure (As displayed in the bottom picture).  But I'm getting the display results on the dashboard without any hierarchy as shown in the top picture. Do the transformations that we apply in the structure do not apply on the jira dashboard? or what is that I'm missing out? Thank you. structure_applied.PNGstructure_demo.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2017

Hi Sarath,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've tagged this question with the product key com.almworks.jira.structure - doing this makes it easier for vendors to find questions about their products and answer them quickly. You can find these keys in the URL of the product page on Atlassian Marketplace.

Transformations are applied locally in your browser, nobody else will see them unless you send them a perspective link.

You need to use Automation (where you add automation rows to the structure itself) in order for these changes to be available to all users and on dashboard gadgets.

Please also feel free to contact us directly.

Cheers,

Robert

Sarath May 16, 2017

So I have considered a empty board and pupolated the content with JQL query. Now in order to have issue hierarchy (issues under epic) either I require to apply transformation manually (which I doesn't reflect on gadget) or an automation (which reflects in the gadget). So where should I write the code? and can I have sample of the code? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events