Isolating a group to browse ONLY the JIRAs associated with their project

I can't seem to set permissions such that a group (OUTSIDE USERS) can be isolated from every project except their project (OUTSIDE PROJECT).

I created

the group, consisting only of the users to be isolated

the project

the permission scheme

The permission scheme was associated with the group

The project roles are limited to the group members

The Group was associated with the project, and all "default" permissions were removed from the project permissions.

...but when I log in as one of the OUTSIDE USERS, I can see every project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It's the permissions for the other projects that those users should NOT be able to see - you've probably got "jira users" in the browse permission for them. (Or possibly "all users").

You need to remove that, and allow access some other way (e.g. create another group of "internal users" and use that instead).

Perfect, I see it now. I created a new group called "jira open access" and used it in place of "jira users" on all projects EXCEPT the one I wanted to isolate.

Thanks very much for your help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

180 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you