Is there any way to bulk delete unnecessary user accounts in Cloud?

We have been using Atlassian Cloud ver.1000.929.2 and I'm one of site administrators. There are tons of unnecessary / unused accounts in our Cloud and we want to delete them in bulk by any API or any script / command automatically / efficiently since it will take much times to delete them on by one on GUI.

Is there any way to delete unnecessary user accounts in bulk?

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall Community Champion May 09, 2017

Use DELETE /rest/api/2/user to script using JIRA REST API?

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried this API, but if the target account has reported some issues before or some issues are assigned to the target account or the target account has made some comments, "400 Bad Request" occurs and the target account can't be deleted. In case of GUI, when try to delete the target account, confirmation is prompted and need to click "OK". I want to delete the target account forcibly by any automatical method.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in Featured Groups

Are you managing your users efficiently?

Hi everyone, I am Marek, a Senior Product Manager for Crowd   Server and Data Center   here at Atlassian. I would like to spark a discussion about challenges you have with managing use...

87 views 1 2
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you