Is there any inactive user management plugins available?

we are using Crowd for user authentication and SSO for confluence and jira. We have limited user licencse for all tools. We need to alert users who are not logged in for more than 30 days by email and admin should be able to get the list those users and there should be an option for admin to deactivate those users. is there any plugins/options available for this task?

2 answers

Hello Ramesh,

On the Crowd database, you could run the following query to get a list of all users that have not logged-in in the last 30 days:

SELECT cwd_user.user_name AS 'User', DATEDIFF(DAY, DATEADD(s, FLOOR(CAST(cwd_user_attribute.attribute_value AS BIGINT) / 1000), '1970-01-01'), GETDATE()) AS 'Days since last login > 30'
FROM cwd_user, cwd_user_attribute
WHERE cwd_user_attribute.user_id = cwd_user.id
AND cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = 'lastAuthenticated'
AND DATEDIFF(DAY, DATEADD(s, FLOOR(CAST(cwd_user_attribute.attribute_value AS BIGINT) / 1000), '1970-01-01'), GETDATE()) > 30

You could set up a job that runs every night and sends out an e-mail to users and administrators as soon, as the list returns some results.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Thomas

This doesn't seem to work with Jira/Crowd, it seems to report only few accounts ~10 instead of overt >200 which did succesfully loing (based on logs). It may be related to LDAP/AD/crowd usage as all reported accounts seems to be local ones, and missing ones are the LDAP/AD/crowd ones.

Hello Thomas,

Need a help,

We need to find out users from jira who have not logged in since last 30 days,

We use oracle database at the backend, but i am not familier with the oracle db,We use jira 5.2.8 standalone version.

Can you please suggest how can i proceed.

Regards,

Moiz.

Hi,

I tested a JIRA plugin a while back, might be what you're looking for: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.userdeactivator

BR,

/Roine

Hello Roine,

Thanks for your great help, :)

cheers,

Moiz

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

35 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you