Is there an easy way to rename the Comments and Worklog Tabs under the activity section?

Is there an easy way to rename the Comments and Worklog Tabs under the activity section? Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes

You can modify the label parameter in atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\system-issuetabpanels-plugin.xml file under the appropriate issue-tabpanel definition and restart JIRA.

Thanks for the response. I made the change, but it didn't work and have restarted the Jira services. Do you also have restart the IIS services?

from <label key="viewissue.tabs.WorkLog">Work Log</label> to

<label key="viewissue.tabs.WorkLog">Customer Notes</label>

Now, my new issue is that it shows in UI as "viewissue.tabs.WorkLog" and have restarted Jira several times.

Remove the key attribute as well.

<label>Customer Notes</label>

You the Man! Thank you so much! do you work for Atlassian?

I work for Go2Group, an Atlassian Platinum Expert ;)

well, thank you my friend. The support person I was working with on this one said it can't be done unless I create a language pack. This is by far the easiest way. Appreciate the quick turnaround time and your knowledge. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 9 hours ago in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

18 views 0 2
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you