Is there an easy way to rename the Comments and Worklog Tabs under the activity section?

Shaun Dondoy July 17, 2012

Is there an easy way to rename the Comments and Worklog Tabs under the activity section? Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

You can modify the label parameter in atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\system-issuetabpanels-plugin.xml file under the appropriate issue-tabpanel definition and restart JIRA.

Shaun Dondoy July 18, 2012

Thanks for the response. I made the change, but it didn't work and have restarted the Jira services. Do you also have restart the IIS services?

from <label key="viewissue.tabs.WorkLog">Work Log</label> to

<label key="viewissue.tabs.WorkLog">Customer Notes</label>

Now, my new issue is that it shows in UI as "viewissue.tabs.WorkLog" and have restarted Jira several times.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Remove the key attribute as well.

<label>Customer Notes</label>

You the Man! Thank you so much! do you work for Atlassian?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2012

I work for Go2Group, an Atlassian Platinum Expert ;)

well, thank you my friend. The support person I was working with on this one said it can't be done unless I create a language pack. This is by far the easiest way. Appreciate the quick turnaround time and your knowledge. Thank you!

Suggest an answer