Is there an alternative way (not the Java plugin) to upload/attach screenshots to issues?

Phillip Yero January 22, 2013

JIRA uses the Java plugin to attach screenshots and, since some people at our company have Java disabled in all browsers because Java 1.7_11 is incompatible with some of our servers, I was hoping there would be an alternative.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2013

What I normally do is to PrintScreen, paste it in paint, save the file and use the attach file button. You can also use Take Screenshot / Snipping Tool for Linux and Windows respectively.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2013

Yup, that's the way you'll need to do it. You can attach and picture and it'll behave as a screenshot once it's attached.

Phillip Yero January 22, 2013

Okay. I was hoping there would be some other plugin that would make it as smooth as Java does, but I guess not.

Thanks guys.

1 vote
Martijn Heemels May 15, 2013

Check out this new "HTML5 attach images" plugin by Atlassian: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugins.jira-html5-attach-images. Requires Jira 5.2+ and not IE8 support, but works fine on any modern browser. No need for Flash or Java.

0 votes
James Dein October 12, 2014

A great alternative for taking screenshot and uploading it afterwards is the Free Screen Capture. I'm currently using it and it works perfectly. You can get this tool at this page: http://screenshot.net/

0 votes
David Dixon February 21, 2013

An alternative is to send JIRA an email with the issue number in the subject line and nothing in the body but the image, and using an incoming mail handler in JIRA. Works great.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events