Is there a way to modify which Issue Types display next to the "Create:" label on the Project Browse page?

Guy Anela February 13, 2013

Is there a way to modify which Issue Types display next to the Create: label on the Project Browse page? I'm referring to the links that allow you to quickly create a specific Issue Type (See attached screenshot).

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Okay, I couldn't find anything in the JIRA documentation regarding those buttons, only that altering the order in which the issue types are listed in the Issue Type Scheme dictates what order they appear in the drop-down menu when using the "Create Issue" button. I tested a bit and it looks like:

*whatever previous two issue types the current user last created in that project will display as independent buttons (makes sense, if you think about it)

* all other issue types are in the "Other" button drop-down, and will be in order as they appear in the Issue Type Scheme (minus the two issue types already represented by independent buttons)

If there is some kind of way to overwrite this on the back end, I'm not seeing where to do it, sorry...

That's what I was afraid of.... thanks for looking into it Nat!

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

You're welcome! It's always fun to learn something new about JIRA each day. :) Thanks for accepting my answer!

0 votes

Hey Nat - Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking. Is there a way to modify which ones display as their own buttons.

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

All issue types that are in the Issue Type Scheme associated with your project are available from that tool bar - or are you asking how to determine which ones are their own buttons and which fall under the "Other" tab?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events