Is there a way to modify which Issue Types display next to the "Create:" label on the Project Browse page?

Is there a way to modify which Issue Types display next to the Create: label on the Project Browse page? I'm referring to the links that allow you to quickly create a specific Issue Type (See attached screenshot).

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Okay, I couldn't find anything in the JIRA documentation regarding those buttons, only that altering the order in which the issue types are listed in the Issue Type Scheme dictates what order they appear in the drop-down menu when using the "Create Issue" button. I tested a bit and it looks like:

*whatever previous two issue types the current user last created in that project will display as independent buttons (makes sense, if you think about it)

* all other issue types are in the "Other" button drop-down, and will be in order as they appear in the Issue Type Scheme (minus the two issue types already represented by independent buttons)

If there is some kind of way to overwrite this on the back end, I'm not seeing where to do it, sorry...

That's what I was afraid of.... thanks for looking into it Nat!

You're welcome! It's always fun to learn something new about JIRA each day. :) Thanks for accepting my answer!

All issue types that are in the Issue Type Scheme associated with your project are available from that tool bar - or are you asking how to determine which ones are their own buttons and which fall under the "Other" tab?

Hey Nat - Thanks for the quick response. Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking. Is there a way to modify which ones display as their own buttons.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted an hour ago in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

8 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you