Is there a way to make a database dump of just a space and not the entire site and also is there a way to export a plugin jar from an existing site.

Jacob Fraser January 28, 2013

Because there is multiple spaces withing the site and we only own 1 space the support team is relunctant to do an entire database dump of the site as other spaces are owned by other users. I have 2 questions.

1) Is it possible using sql commands to just do a backup of a space?

2) Is it possible to export an existing installed plugin from a site so I can re-install it into our new site? If there is a way to match a install plugin with a flat file on a server that I could copy and use to install that is also ok.. I am basically looking for a way to install some old plugins from an existing site into a new site without getting an entire database site dump.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

1) Yes, it's mainly content table, attachments, permissions. I'm sure there is more but would it not be better just to do an XML export of space? You could then just re-import it into another instance?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=179439242

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Exporting+Confluence+Pages+and+Spaces+to+XML

2) It's probably easier to download it via the Atlassian Marketplace but if you can't do that, or if it's a private plugin, the plugins are stored on the disk in the CONFLUENCE_HOME directory. Get a server admin to logon & copy it for you. It might have been renamed and have some additional numbers on it as part of the upload process, but you can just rename it. Once you have the JAR, you can just upload it via the plugin manager.

If you need more info, let us know

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events