Is there a way to have more than one closed status in JIRA?

Lisa Higgins July 19, 2012

Is there a way to have more than one closed status in JIRA?

I had an Archive Status with a resolution of "Done" and any stories moved there were marked as Done and were considered closed.I added an Archive Won't Fix with a Status of "Won't Fix" after the original Archive status, and the system automatically reopened all of my Archive stories. Is there any way to set up JIRA to have more than one closed status?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

You need to set the resolution when you move the issues to the new status. If not, it will become an "unResolved" issue.

Thank you for replying Jobin, I did this. I have it all set up to state Won't Fix and the stories I moved to that column are listed as Won't fix and are closed. The problem is all the other 300+ stories I had in Archvie are now listed as Status "Done but are open now instead of closed as they were before I made the change.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

hmm. That doesn't make sense. What is the change history of those 300+ stories say? Something must have changed on them too?

Hello Jobin,

OK I figured out what happened, but I am still experiencing the issue I was hoping to get resolved. Let me try to explain better…when in the task board (in normal operation – not Administration), you can see every Status that has been selected from the “Views” tool bar. When I updated my workflow and added the ‘Archive Won’t Fix’ status, I naturally thought this should be added as the last column under the “Tools – Configuration – Task Board Mapping” section.

Apparently, only that last column listed under Task Board Mapping displays as closed in the system ( By “displays” I mean the Acronym and issue number crossed out on the card and the issue is no longer listed as open). Therefore all of the previous issues that had been “closed” when Archive was the last column, suddenly changed to open when it was no longer the last column on the Tools – Configuration – Task Board Mapping screen. I was able to shuffle these two statuses around, so Archive is again the last status, but now anything I move to Archive Won’t Fix remains open.

My question is, is there a way to have issues in the last and second to last column listed as closed so that items we decide will not be fixed will not stay open indefinitely.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2012

Wasn't quite able to understand your explanation. But I am guessing that you are mentioning about those issues which you had moved earlier before you made the workflow change (to add resolution). If that is the case, in order to fix them, add an additional transistion to the workflow just to set the resolution alone (the source and destination status will be the same).

Again, I have put down this comment without completly getting a understanding of your question.

Suggest an answer