Is there a way to have a read only view of the product backlog online?

Is there a way to have a read only view of the product backlog online? I have application users that I would like to let see where their issues are at in the backlog, but do now want them to have accounts in jira that can make any changes or poke around into other areas.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

How have you setup the permissions? The best way would be permissions per project and only grant out browse project permission to a group/role you'd want to view these issues without being able to edit. As they only have permission to a specific project, they won't be able to see other projects too.

My permissions are the standard setup, have not changed them, until now. Attempted to add a read only user but it still lets that person move tasks in the backlog and in the workflows. Seems like they should have a browse functionality out of the box like they have for the release notes.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

129 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you