Is there a way to have a read only view of the product backlog online?

Tim Bachta August 22, 2012

Is there a way to have a read only view of the product backlog online? I have application users that I would like to let see where their issues are at in the backlog, but do now want them to have accounts in jira that can make any changes or poke around into other areas.

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

How have you setup the permissions? The best way would be permissions per project and only grant out browse project permission to a group/role you'd want to view these issues without being able to edit. As they only have permission to a specific project, they won't be able to see other projects too.

Tim Bachta August 23, 2012

My permissions are the standard setup, have not changed them, until now. Attempted to add a read only user but it still lets that person move tasks in the backlog and in the workflows. Seems like they should have a browse functionality out of the box like they have for the release notes.

Suggest an answer