Is there a way for the project manager to see the entire board but each user of the project only see their portion?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing project permissions

Is there a way for the project manager to see the entire board but each user of the project only see their portion?

My manager wants to see a Kanban board that shows the entire scope of a project but he wants to limit each team members ability to see other team members projects / progressions. Is this possible? 

2 answers

Hi Brendan,

To understand what you are asking, if it is regarding JIRA Project Board, Yes we can have multiple boards associated with JIRA Project.

• You can have JQL filters configured such that developers will have one board view where as Project Manager will have another view.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes

No.

A board is a shared common view of a set of issues.  Every user landing on a board will see the whole board, with everything on it.  The main point of boards is that everyone sees the same. 

The best fix for this is to educate your manager - sharing the progress information is FAR more useful than hiding it.  Stop trying to hide or silo things, be open, honest and genuine.  It's a better way to work.

However, you could use issue security to hide issues, and there is a really good case for using "quick filters" such as "assigned to me" - that would let a user see the whole view, then reduce it to "mine" with a single click.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

91 views 3 6
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you