JIRA has very poor searching and filtering capability. For instance, you cannot search the Summary field or Description field for:
· * Case sensitivity. All searches are case insensitive.
· * Position of a word or phrase in the text field.
· * Starts with ...
· * Ends with …
· * Repeated patterns.
· * Special character recognition and escaping special characters does not work right.
The jira-plugin-pack plugin is unstable and unsupported, so we can't use it. Does anyone know of a similar plugin that allows regex in searches or have a different solution? We are using JIRA 4.4. Is this resolved in version 5.x?
I dont know any plugins that can do regex but if you find one take a look at the following.
1. Forward Compatibility (Allow you to upgrade without issues)
2. Reasonable ammount of downloads (People are using it)
3. Version History (Make sure is not new)
Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG