Is there a plugin/manner to Store or link incoming and outgoing mails with a JIRA Ticket. ?

jmsantam January 6, 2013

I use a groovy script and email templates to send emails to any address, (to send to gmail for example)

it is possible to store the sent/received Emails in a JIRA Ticket ? with a plugin ?

maybe with a home made Plugin ? :)

actually I am revising this.. ( tutorial with email handlers )

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+a+Custom+Message+%28Mail%29+Handler+for+JIRA

I am not very good with plugins, But I have done some samples etc..

We want to Integrate JIRA tickets with a SAP CRM system

and we would like to test it, doing it with emails ( after mapping statuses )

2 answers

0 votes
jmsantam January 11, 2013

ok, thanks I will take a look on JEMH also

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

JEMH does have some facilities that help here:

1) You can attach all incoming emails to the issue. Normally JEMH will pull out all attachments, but you can explicitly stop this, leaving all embedded content within the attached email, if needed.

2) JEMH has an integrated IssueListener, if enabled, it can record events that it sees in a new NotificationHistory IssueTab (see wiki), this then provides a record of the content that was sent, a little like the comment IssueTab, but identifying who received the notification, JIRA users, and non-jira users are supported. All events are tracked though, even those that don't result in notifications:

JEMH Notification History (IssueTab)

JEMH Notification History IssueTab

JEMH Notification Events (IssueTab)

JEMH IssueTab showing events and notifications

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2013

There's a built-in email handler. Several in fact. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Best thing to do is get one of those to work so you can see the basics of what they do, and then look at writing your own (as the built in ones are very simple)

You might also want to look up the JEMH as it's very powerful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events