Is there a makro or a plugin corresponding to the DPL tag in Media Wiki

We need a dynamically build table, which displays several summaries from each page, found by a label like the excerpts macros allow to do. Unfortunately excerpts macros only allow to display exactly one part of the found pages, but we need to display serveral parts of each page.

In Media Wiki we defined a DPL tag like this:

<DPL>
  category=IT-Services List
  uses=Template:IT-Service
  includepage={IT-Service} dpl
  mode=userformat
  listseparators=¶{|class=sortable ¶!IT-Servicename ¶!Bezug LS ¶!Kurzbeschreibung ¶!ZBO ,¶|-¶|[[%PAGE%]] ¶,¶,¶|}
  secseparators=¶
</DPL>

To render a table like that:

The content of each cell of this table was taken from the sites, which where related to the category "IT-Services List"

We tried to use the content-by-label macro and the children-display macro, but both of them don't allow to get more than one part (defined by the first excerpts macro of each page) of the related pages and both of them can't be displayed as a table.

Is there a macro or a plugin which is able to create a table like the one above?

Best regards

Ralph

1 answer

1 accepted

I am not sure whether this would fit into your requirement, but similar data might be able to be generated using both Metadata macro and Detail Summary macro. You can read the documentation for more information. For the source you need to use metadata macro and detail summary macro for the result.

Thanks a lot Rian for your comment. This is a possible solution, but it makes a lot of work in our migration process, because the information summarized in the table are evenly distributed over the whole page. Unfortunately it isn't possible to place more than one Metadata Macros on one page, each with one single information part. If you do so, each page is listed in the table as often as it contains number of Metadata Macros.

Ralph

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 2 hours ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

23 views 1 3
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you