Is there a limit on number of custom fields. Does it affect the performance ?

Swarna Radha April 28, 2017

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a limit on the number of customized field and does it affect the performance.

Also i would like to know if number of attachments also affect the performance of jira?

Thanks

Swarna

2 answers

0 votes
Swarna Radha May 4, 2017

Hi there,

i would like to know if number of attachments also affect the performance of jira?

Can you please advice?

Thanks and regards,

Swarna

Kedar Pepakayala July 13, 2017

check loading image size not exceed more than 10mb 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2017

There is a limit, but it's so high, your JIRA will be unusable well before you reach it.

Yes, every custom field has a performance overhead, although the effects vary according to what JIRA is looking at the field for, each type of field has different overheads and it's not a linear calculation - you'll get a different effect adding a select list to one system than another.

General rule of thumb - share fields as much as possible.  If you've got more than a couple of hundred, while you may not have performance issues caused by fields, you are heading that way and you should be looking to rationalise the fields down to a more manageable number.

Swarna Radha May 3, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Swarna

Suggest an answer