Is there a document of Script Runner can match JIRA 6.15?I want to create a listeners in JIRA , not in workflow , how can I add this listeners to JIRA by Script Runner?

I want to add a listener to JIRA , when component changed , the issue security level will be changed too. This need add a listener to listen issue updated event , but I saw Script Runner suggest to use workflow post-function, but there is no edit issue in workflow , so can I add a listener like this by using Script Runner?How? The menu in the document is not match the jira6.15, I can't find the right position. Thank you for help

3 answers

Hi,

Navigate menu in admin > plugins > script runner >script listener

You can add script listener here on issue updated event . There are some built-in listener also but you can also write your own listener too.

Thank you for response , In script listener , I must add a listener file to a certain directory, and add its name to custom listener . Is there a way to add a listener without adding file into jira directory? And can I add the code of listener file to script console to test listener?

Hi,

Navigate menu in admin > plugins > script runner >script listener

You can add script listener here on issue updated event . There are some built-in listener also but you can also write your own listener too.

Thank you for response , In script listener , I must add a listener file to a certain directory, and add its name to custom listener . Is there a way to add a listener without adding file into jira directory? And can I add the code of listener file to script console to test listener?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Off-topic

Get to know our Atlassian User Group Leaders from Bengaluru, India

Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...

155 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you