Is only one comment allowed on a question now, or is there a limit to comments in answers.atlassian.com?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Just noticed when I tried to post another comment to: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/44628/where-s-my-t-shirt?page=1#44722

that even after I posted the comment, it did not show up. I had 1.6k karma when I did it, so I don't think it is that. Is there a limit to the number of comments allowed for an answer, or are we not allowed to post a comment more than once? Also, if that is a bug and it is repaired, please forgive me for commenting again twice there. If this is a bug, let me know and I'll post it as an issue in Jira, but I thought it might just be a limitation in answers to number of comments, etc. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Nic figured it out. answers.atlassian.com is only showing a certain number of comments for an answer after which you have to click on show comments at the top. Everyone continues to get notifications for comments that they can no longer see unless they click on show comments at the top. Seems like a UI issue. Submitted as request for answers project: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-693

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2012

It does show "show comments (x)" but that's not particularly clear to me...

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

Thanks, Nic! That was it!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

Actually wasn't that long ago, just seems like a long time.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

I already put this in (ages ago): https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS-599

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

@Jamie That is a good idea, too! I was just thinking that they could put a link at the bottom that indicated there were more comments, but they could show recent comments and put older comments at the top. Maybe even a scrollable window would work. Even easier and most intuitive would just be to show all comments. The problem that both of us were having is the same, though; recent comments need to be shown or easily shown.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2012

yep, that's why I think it's a duplicate. Simplest thing is to just show all comments until they can work out how to something more clever that doesn't confuse the hell out of everyone.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2012

Some form of clear indicator would help.

I stared at that "comments (39)" type link for ages without realising it actually meant "comments - showing 10 out of 39, please click me to see the other 29". I don't know how to shorten that, or make it more clear, but I don't think it's clear as it is now. (Even something like "Comments 10 of 39 +" would help me, but I'm not sure how useful it would be for other people)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events