Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to share a repository directory across Bamboo jobs in a single stage?

Syferlock Support September 20, 2012

I've got a single build box, and I have several projects that share a lot of common 3rd party libraries (about 50MB) that are stored in SVN.

All the project compile tasks are in one stage, but in a separate jobs (instead of separate tasks in one job)

Is there anyway to download all the source/libraries into a common directory that all the jobs can reference?

I'm guessing the answer is no because the jobs can be distributed to remote agents, but I'm trying to avoid checking out multiple copies of the same common libs on the same machine for every build.

I tried creating a "Source" artifact that gets copied to each job, but these get stored with each build and would waste disk. I'm also trying to avoid all compile tasks in one job for other reasons.

-- edit: I realize I could do a custom script that does the SVN checkout and then reference that somehow in my build scripts, but I am trying to do this all via Bamboo to avoid creating path dependencies.

1 answer

1 vote
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Why do you want to avoid checking out multiple copies of the build? Is this to save space?

Artifacts would be a good way todo this but I hadn't considered the issue you raised about disk space. I've raised an issue (BAM-12192) to remove this artifact after the build has completed so that you do not keep the 50mb checkout around.

Syferlock Support September 20, 2012

It's either eat up space for every job for multiple copies of the repository - if I clean the working directory after the job completes, then it's additional network traffic for every build.

The artifact solution worked well, since it's a local directory copy on the machine, which is much faster, but at the cost of storage.

The option to be able to have artifacts that only last for the current build cycle would definitely work, unless there's another way around it. That would also not break the option of having the jobs distributed to remote agents, if so desired, in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events