Is it possible to prevent a story from being progressed through a work flow until all linked tasks are completed/closed?

motherg January 16, 2013

Hi all,

I had a search and couldn't find this anywhere, apologies if it is a duplicate.

I'm wondering if it is possible to setup Greenhopper so that it prohibits users from transitioning a Story through the work flow if the story has unresolved Tasks/Bugs linked to it.

An example would be that you have Story 1, and linked to Story 1 is Task 1, Task 2 and Bug 1. If any of these linked issues are not in the Closed state (or another state if we so chose) I'd like it to be impossible to transition Story 1 through the workflow.

The thinking here is that it will make sure that we're not launching a story that isn't complete or has outstanding issues associated with it. For instance, if there was a bug we weren't going to fix, we'd have to suspend it etc

TIA,

Adrian

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

I think that's done by making the Tasks and Bugs be sub-tasks of the Story, and then using the Blocking workflows by subtask status instructions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Sub-tasks#ConfiguringSub-tasks-Blockingissueworkflowsbysub-taskstatus

0 votes
motherg January 16, 2013

That sounds about right - I couldn't work out where on earth you configured it, thanks :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events