Is it possible to organize an eazyBI report based on a summary of linked issues?

Brian Bachman November 7, 2016

I'd like to create a report returning all issues of a certain issue type.  In columns of my report I'd like to report on linked issues by link type.  Is this possible?  How?

1 answer

0 votes
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2016

To building up reports based on issue links it is important to understand how links should be analyzed.
I will give an example with Stories and Bugs linked to stories. You can import bugs to stories and / or stories for bugs. If you need a report as you have described, for example, for Stories, I would suggest importing Stories for bugs.

With new eazyBI version 4.1. there is an option to import issues link custom fields based on the custom definition. With each custom definition, you can import issue links with one direction (Inward or Outward) specifying link names. 
In this example for bug there is a inward link 'is caused by' to issue type Story. You can define link custom field Story for bug with this defintion:

[jira.customfield_story]
name = "Story"
inward_link = "is caused by"
issue_type = "Story"
dimension  = true

This definition should be added to eazyBI advanced settings. Then selected for import as dimension. 

After issue links ar imported to your account, you can create a report with Issue dimension on Rows, Issue type Story selected on Pages and this calculated measure will count all open linked bugs:

DefaultContext((
  [Measures].[Issues due],
  [Issue type].[Bug],
  [Story].[Story].GetMemberByKey([Issue].CurrentMember.Key)
))

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events