Is it possible to link a Balsamiq mockup in a Jira ticket with one in another Jira ticket?

Ashwini Mhatre June 20, 2017

We have just installed the Balsamiq plugin for Jira cloud. 

We are planning to have mockups as part of a Jira ticket. However, we have one Jira ticket per screen. Is it possible to link one mockup in a ticket with another in another ticket.

I tried adding it as a link, but does not work.

1 answer

0 votes
Brendan Saricks June 22, 2017

Hey Ashwini. :)

While there isn't a way to directly link the two mockups together, you can place a link in a mockup that goes to another issue. If that is what you tried, but it didn't work, send us an email, and we will dig deeper.

Cheers

Sonali Narula December 4, 2018

Hey Brendan,

I am facing the same issue as Ashwini. We have the mockups ready in Balsamiq and now we need to associate them with a Jira ticket. Each mockup may have one or more Jira tickets associated with it. 

I am looking for a way to do it. 

Virgin Pereira December 5, 2018

Hi Sonali,

Are your existing project(s) created in our Jira Cloud plugin or in a different Balsamiq product?

If you need to import a project (from a different product) into Balsamiq Wireframes for Jira Cloud, the easiest way is to add a new project there and then import your existing project from within the editor.

This action will need to be repeated on each Jira ticket since Balsamiq Projects are attached to individual issues, and there isn't yet a way to link them. That being said, we are trying to think of a way to make this possible and I'll add your vote for this request.

Hope this helps! Please drop us an email if you need any additional assistance.

diego April 7, 2021

This will generate a new Balsamiq project, so if I do changes will not be reflected in the other tasks, is there any workaround for this?

Brendan Saricks April 7, 2021

There is, Diego. A lot has changed since 2018. :)

If you create an image link to your wireframe, you can attach it to several issues, and it will display any changes made to the original project.

You would need to use our integration to insert the link (Jira doesn't currently support embedding images via links), but that's easy to do:

image-link-6.png

Let me know if you have any questions, my friend. :)

diego April 9, 2021

The issue I'm experiencing with this approach is that images are attached extremely tiny and you can't see it properly, and there is no link to the balsamiq project or anything to see it in a readable size

Virgin Pereira April 11, 2021

Hi Diego!

Have you tried using the dedicated options, as shown below?

You can read the dedicated documentation article on this page: https://balsamiq.com/wireframes/jira/docs/cloud/sharing/#sharing-an-image-link

image-link-7.png

Don't hesitate to reach out directly via support@balsamiq.com if you need anything else. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events