Is it possible to include the comments on a page when exporting to a pdf?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML

Is it possible to include page comments when exporting to PDF?

I have found the way to include the comments when exporting to HTML, however, then the commenters name does not appear, but instead the user ID. For our purposes, this is not useful.

Is there a certain script which can be used in customizing the PDF stylesheet which include the comments?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Rachel,  sorry Confluence does not export comments to PDF.  

Although you can customise the PDF export layout and stylesheet (see Customise Exports to PDF), I'm not sure you would be able to make it include the comments, as it is not processed as part of the export. Hopefully someone else from the community will chime in if they have discovered a way to do this. 

There is an add-on from K15t that extends Confluence's PDF export capabilities, but I'm not sure whether it has an option to include comments.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-pdf/server/overview

As a workaround, export the word file, then copy/paste the comments from the Wiki page into the word document. You get a bit of junk, like images and reply/delete/like links but its fine for occasional exports of stable documents.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

120 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you