Is it possible to import only select Bugzilla products into Jira?

Susan Hazlett July 11, 2013

I'm migrating from Bugzilla to Jira, but only some of the products will need to be migrated because there are other organizations in our company that will still use Bugzilla. Is there a way to customize the mapping such that only the products I want are migrated? I've been combing through the documentation and cannot seem to find anything related to this question - it seems to be an "all or nothing".

I'd like to do this so that I can use the importer during the migration transition to capture any new issues that might come in within those products before we shut things down completely. Our alternative is to set up a separate instance of Bugzilla with only those products.

If anyone has done this or can point me to the documentation - much appreciated!

Susan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Hey Susan,

You are correct in your findings that the importer can not import select products from Bugzilla. Another option to consider is to simply import everything into JIRA, and then delete the unnecesary products from there.

Cheers,
Boris

Susan Hazlett July 17, 2013

Thanks, Boris. That doesn't really help me as we have a huge institutional deployment of Bugzilla and deleting all but the few I want will be an unnecessarily huge import and then time to delete everything, although it does answer my question. Thanks!

Suggest an answer