Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide user (Name, Avatar etc.) in the public area of the wiki

Markus Mueller July 30, 2012

In the public area of our Wiki, everbody can see the editor of an post. Is it possible to hide this?

1 answer

0 votes
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

The easiest way I can think of would be to hide it with javascript. However, anybody with a little bit of HTML DOM and CSS knowledge will be able to find the editor. For example, add this in the Confluence header as javascript:

AJS.$(document).ready(function(){
	//if the login-link id exists (i.e. not logged in), hide the editor
	if(AJS.$("#login-link")){
		AJS.$("div.page-metadata").hide();
	}
});

Markus Mueller July 31, 2012

How can I change the sourcecode of the site? Can thios all be done within the CSS?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

You can do this at the Administration Section -> Look and Feel -> Custom HTML -> at the end of BODY and add:

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$(document).ready(function(){
    //if the login-link id exists (i.e. not logged in), hide the editor
    if(AJS.$("#login-link")){
        AJS.$("div.page-metadata").hide();
    }
});
</script>

Markus Mueller July 31, 2012

Thanks, our system is localized in german and I'm not able to find "Look and Feel -> Custom HTML". IJust can find the design or the coloreditor. Do you know how the section is called in german?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

In that case you can do it at Durchsuchen -> Confluence Admin ->Gestaltung -> Kundenspezifische HTML -> Am Ende des HAUPTTEXTES :)

Markus Mueller August 2, 2012

We / I got no such entry (see atached file)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events