Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide comments from other Crucible reviewers?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Hi,

I've been asked if the following configuration is possible with Crucible:

"We were wondering if Crucible had the capability to hide one reviewers comments from another? This way we can ensure a thorough code review. Only after both reviewers have clicked the complete button would Crucible make the comments available publicly."

but I can't see how to configure this. Has anyone done something similar, or have alternatives approaches for this sort of "blind" review?

Cheers,

Andrew.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

This isn't possible in Crucible, I'm afraid. Comments are viewable by all members of a review as they are added.

This seems like a bad idea to begin with though and would probably end up with a lot of duplicate comments. It seems like they just want to make sure that each review is done thoroughly. Unfortunately, Crucible doesn't help users in that regard. It is up to the teams and reviewers themselves to hold themselves to a high standard of review.

-Simon

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012
Hi Simon, thanks for confirming. I can see what thy want to do (not be influenced by other comments), but understand why it could also be a bad thing. Cheers, Andrew
John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

We've been using Crucible for about 1/2 year now and have made code review part of our daily process (Continuous Code Review?). From our experience, I would say that hiding other reviewers comments would cut down on the discussions about the code between the reviewers that often finds the best solution to code issues.

0 votes
Jigar Patel August 22, 2016

It is possible now,

By clicking on Hidden option, you can hide all the comments from all users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events