Is it possible to have multiple lines option in Select List (single choice) custom field?

Is it possible to have multiple lines option in Select List (single choice)?

e.g. Let me assume that there is "Prompt Message" Select List (single choice) custom field. I would like to show one option as multiple lines (Message - 1 Line -1 + Message - 1 Line -2) like below. If Possible, how can I configure this option in Custom Field?

Message - 1 Line - 1

Message - 1 Line - 2

Message - 2

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Hisamitsu,

It is not possible to have multi-line for an option. Even if you hack the database and update customfieldoption table, the option will always show single line.

Plus if you put multiple lines for one option, then it is going to be hard to differentiate between available options for the custom field.

I hope that this helps. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

140 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you