Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to display Source Code contents in the Wiki but as a reference to an actual file in Subversion?

Craig Barr April 25, 2012

Is it possible to display Source Code contents in the Wiki but as a reference to an actual file in Subversion?

I know that I could just copy the source code content and paste is as Code in the Wiki however, if the source code changes I don't want the stale code to be displayed in the Wiki.

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

May be you can use the {html} macro and use an iframe inside that which points to the source code url. But am not sure whether this is possible in OnDemand?

Thanks Renjith for the suggestion. I couldn't seem to find a generic HTML macro (only html table, comment etc.). Perhaps this is an OnDemand limitation.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2012

That's right. We don't allow ways to include arbitrary HTML in OnDemand. Unfortunately there's no good way I can think to achieve this.

Ok. Is there a way I can log an enhancement request? Would this be a feature that would be useful to anyone else?

I know many programming purests (even those that have written books) hate the idea of including code as text that is not controlled by Continuous Integration. How often do you read technical books that have code that doesn't actually work? The lack of embedded source code integration with source control systems is the reason for this. Perhaps Atlassian could lead this innovation for Wiki or do 3rd party macros already exist that do this?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Confluence is very weak at displaying source code imho. For years I've been using a wordpress plugin where you specify a url in your <pre> tag and it pulls the code from the url, which is usually a subversion url.

I completely agree about pasting in code, so, if you create an RFE, I'll vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events