Is it possible to assign multiple screen to a single Operation Type for a Project

Sujit Sawant July 20, 2012

Hello,

Would like to know if for a Single project would a user be able to track defects, queries, requirements etc.

Can Create Issue be mapped to multiple screens?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2012

Yes, by issue type, using screen schemes. e.g defects will get screen 1, queries get screen 2, etc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

Sujit Sawant July 22, 2012

Hello Nic,

Thanks for the information. I tried the required configuration... but was unable to create it. Would it be possible for you to provide steps to accomplish the same. The issue is that for the new Issue Type I get two screens; one is the default and the other which I newly created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2012

The steps you need are in the documentation, I can't explain it better than that!

I don't know what you mean by "unable to create it", and you'll need to explain "I get two screens" in more detail for us to help you. What does your new screen scheme say exactly?

Sujit Sawant July 23, 2012

Hello Nic,

Please refer to the attached image: I have created a new issue type "Query" and associated it with Issue Type Scheme for Query Resolution; however i see "query" issue type appearing in the Default screen scheme too.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

I am not sure, but looks like you are a bit confused with 'Issue Type Scheme' and 'Issue Type Screen Scheme'. Please check out the documentation to understand the difference.

And to answer your specific question, all issue types will appear in the Default Issue Type Scheme.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events