Is it Necessary to install Crowd with Jira? LDAP test succeeds but User authentication fails. ??

Akbar ALi August 11, 2014

Dear Expert,

kindly tell me is it necessary to install Crowd with Jira.Actually the problem is i configued LDAP in Jira the TEST was completely Successfull but synchronization failed.All active directory Users i can see in jira but when i am trying to login its give me error Username and Password incorrect.

Kindly help me to solve this problem

Regards,

Akbar ALi

2 answers

0 votes
Akbar ALi August 12, 2014

Hi Giu,

Thank you so much for instant response actually we are using free Jira license for testing i thing thats why i am not able to login because limited users.

Regards,

Ali

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2014

Hey Akbar,

Bein honest, Crowd will give you better SSO experience and will be able to also manage the users. However, in this case we can see that you're using LDAP to authenticate, which should not be related to the Crowd usage. Only if you use Crowd too, so the authentication would pass through both applications.

Can you give us some more details on the log files from your JIRA instance (JIRA Home/logs folder), so we can see what could be happening?

PS: More information on JIRA with LDAP in this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+LDAP+Directory

Cheers,

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events