Is JEMH Compatible with JIRA On-Demand

Evan Maridou January 25, 2012

Is JEMH included out of the box? Is there a way to install the plugin for on-demand solutions? Any alternative solutions for being able to e-mail a handler to create tickets?

2 answers

0 votes
Thorbjørn Sigberg July 30, 2012

I'm not sure I get this. Why is JST-5649 closed, it doesn't seem to resolve the question.

I'm attempting to configure our Ondemand Jira to extend it as a helpdesk solution, and would like people who send email via the emailhandler to be notified with status changes and comments on the issues that they create. Naturally, I do not want all external users to get full JIRA users.

If I add the "create users" flag on the email handler, it apperas to be creating real JIRA users that count against my license. And JEMH doesn't seem to be supported by JIRA Ondemand.

How do I solve this scenario on Jira Ondemand?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

As part of provisioning the user, JIRA auto joins users to the license consuming group. Without 'code' in there to fix that, what you seek can't be done with OnDemand out of the box.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Coming soon is a JEMH for OnDemand, a redevelopment based on Atlassian Connect and would address the email only remote user scenario. We are currently dogfooding this on our OnDemand instance (its alive!) and hope to open up to public beta in June/July 2014.

Watch https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-2370 for more.

David Enrile June 22, 2014

Hi Andy,

We are in the midst of migrating from download version to Ondemand, do you have any estimate time of completion? to have this plugin on Ondemand?

Regards,

Jenny Crowley August 13, 2014

Any update on JEMH for OnDemand? We desperately need this.

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2012

JEMH is not currently included (and would fall under the OnDemand plugin policy). Unfortunately, there is not currently an alternative. This is in the wotks, and you can follow the issue at: https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/JST-5649 but there is no ETA at this time.

Suggest an answer