Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Apache server required for Crowd Single sign on (SSO) installation ?

cybage_bitbucket June 22, 2014

Doing the Crowd SSO installation for different Atlassian products like JIRA,Bamboo,Confluence etc for Single sign on.

But having one query i.e. if Crowd independently manage SSO or it require the Apache server installation to support this feature.

Please provide answers with facts.

3 answers

0 votes

Hi

Do we need Domain names config for doing SSO setup for Crowd and JIRA?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA;) )

regards

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Yes, you need a shared domain. E.g. jira.example.comand crowd.example.com, but not myjira.comand mycrowd.com.

0 votes

Thanks Caspar

We want to design our SSO and User authentication using Crowd server & integrate with JIRA and Stash servers.

In Crowd we have Users profiles and we want to have SSO for JIRA and Stash users.

Do we need this? 1) how do we set Domain names ? 2) how we design our Topology for Crowd, JIRA and Stash?

what should be the IP address and Ports ? for Crowd, JIRA and Stash servers?

Can you please Guide us on this solution, Thanks.

regards

Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

If you follow the instructions I linked to, it will work. IP address and ports won't make a difference for SSO, as long as you have a consistent domain across all your properties. If you need further guidance (problem analysis, solution design & implementation, etc) then I suggest you contact one of our expert partners.

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2014

No, Crowd does not require Apache in order to provide single sign on across Atlassian applications.

(I'm a Crowd developer, but in case you don't trust me, here's our documentation on e.g. connecting JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA;) )

You only need Apache if you'd like to integrate subversion access using Apache (or something else with Apache) and you want to use the Crowd Apache connector to authenticate users in Apache according to Crowd's userbase. Or to put it another way: you only need Apache if you want to integrate Apache, so if you don't want to use Apache, you won't need Apache. (That's a lot of "Apache"!)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events