IntelliJ 11 RC1 hangs on startup

Uxian December 4, 2011

Hi,

With IntelliJ Ultimate 11 RC1 (64-bit Windows) the IDE hangs on startup when the Atlassian IDE connector is installed. Removing this plugin resolves the problem. I've tried deleting the configuration but that doesn't help.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PiotrP December 5, 2011

Under Windows XP 64-bit, service pack 1, + Idea 11.0 RC2 Connector works.

Could you try now latest IDEA 11.0 RC2 version?

The stack trace you included is a Secure Password Storage in IDEA (which we use in plugin).

But I guess some dialog window is invoked.

Please try RC2

Uxian December 5, 2011

Hi,

No problems at all with RC2. Looks like the problem was limited to last week's release.

Thanks for the help,

Gerard

PiotrP December 6, 2011

Thanks, I'm glad that your issue has been resolved :)

1 vote
PiotrP December 4, 2011

Thanks,

Could you upgrade ton latest SNASHOT. We've recently fixed some issue that might be related to yours.

If upgrade is not solution for your issue please comment.

Uxian December 5, 2011

Hi,

I took the 3.0.4 snapshot from the plugin repository but that didn't help. I did find the following in all the thread dumps:

"ApplicationImpl pooled thread 2" prio=0 tid=0x0 nid=0x0 waiting on condition
java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING
on java.awt.EventQueue$1AWTInvocationLock@763b50a0
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:993)
at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1320)
at com.intellij.util.ui.UIUtil.invokeAndWaitIfNeeded(UIUtil.java:1719)
at com.intellij.ide.passwordSafe.impl.providers.masterKey.MasterKeyPasswordSafe.key(MasterKeyPasswordSafe.java:185)
at com.intellij.ide.passwordSafe.impl.providers.BasePasswordSafeProvider.a(BasePasswordSafeProvider.java:63)
at com.intellij.ide.passwordSafe.impl.providers.BasePasswordSafeProvider.removePassword(BasePasswordSafeProvider.java:70)
at com.intellij.ide.passwordSafe.impl.providers.masterKey.MasterKeyPasswordSafe.removePassword(MasterKeyPasswordSafe.java:239)
at com.intellij.ide.passwordSafe.impl.PasswordSafeImpl.removePassword(PasswordSafeImpl.java:110)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.PasswordStorage.remove(PasswordStorage.java:155)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.PasswordStorage.savePasswordsToSecureStore(PasswordStorage.java:64)
at com.atlassian.theplugin.idea.config.PasswordStorage.loadPasswordsFromSecureStore(PasswordStorage.java:48)
at

(truncated due to message size limit)

1 vote
PiotrP December 4, 2011

Can you provide version of Windows ? Is It Vista or 7 ?

Is there any stack trace/error message in idea.log file?

Idea.log file can be found at %USERPROFILE%/.IntelliJIdea11\system\log

Uxian December 4, 2011

It's Windows XP Professional 64-bit SP2. The only things I'm seeing that are from the Atlassian plugin are:

2011-12-05 15:02:53,156 [3661266] INFO - com.atlassian.theplugin - Error checking new version: Connection error while retrieving the latest plugin version.
2011-12-05 15:04:16,484 [3744594] INFO - com.atlassian.theplugin - ERROR:Cannot write private shared config file

The problem doesn't occur if I have the plugin installed but haven't configured any JIRA servers and it will operate when I configure the server during a session. It only seems to have an issue when the IDE is starting up. Our environment is a typical corporate one in that we have a JIRA server hosted on our LAN but sit behind a HTTP proxy for Internet access so I have the proxy configured but have enabled the proxy bypass in the plugin configuration. This issue doesn't occur at all in the same environment and identical configuration when using IDEA 10.5.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events