Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration crowd 2.5.0 + spring security 3

Jean-brice Rougeot October 2, 2012

After reading the following documentation to integrate crowd and spring https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Spring+Security, I still have some questions.

My goal is to implement SSO for our own custom application and Jira, Confluence.

1)First of all I have a problem with the authentication provider:

Initially, to authenticate the users when connecting to our application, I use the class DaoAuthenticationProvider from spring like this:

<beans:bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider" class="org.springframework.security.authentication.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">

<beans:property name="userDetailsService" ref="userDetailsService/">

<beans:property name="saltSource" ref="saltSource/">

<beans:property name="passwordEncoder" ref="passwordEncoder/">

</beans:bean>

but Crowds uses a different provider(RemoteCrowdAuthenticationProvider) which expects different parameters.

How can I deal with these 2 providers?

2)The documentation says:If you have an existing user data model, then you can extend or wrap the CrowdDetailsService does it mean my model must extend the CrowdUserDetailsServiceImpl class?

1 answer

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi Jean-Brice,

Having looked at the document you are referring to, it is is suggesting that extending the CrowdUserDetailsServiceImpl class in your own application should allow you to get this configured.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events