Integrating JIRA with LDAP

gil December 11, 2012

I need some assistance from you to integrate JIRA with our AD system. Today we integrate the Atlassian tools (JIRA, Fisheye, etc.) with Crowd. Due to some security problem, we have to remove the 'Remember Me' checkbox at login page, and therefore users must log into JIRA every time. I like to know how we can integrate JIRA with Windows LDAP so that if a user logs onto their Windows machine and access JIRA, he/she needs not log into JIRA anymore.

I found one plugin in Crowd to do this, but it works only for Windows 2003 Server. We have Windows 2008 Servers and it won't work. Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

Hi Gil

It seems to me that you're looking for a Single Sign-On solution. Therefore, you'll have to user JIRA + CROWD.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianJIRA-2.2ConfigureJIRAtouseCrowd%27sAuthenticatortoenableSSO%28Optional%29

From the box, there are no options to enable this function in JIRA.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer