Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SourceTree for all users

Kathleen Splaine June 21, 2017

Is there a way to install SourceTree for all users?  There is nothing in the documentation that states it is user specific however I installed it manually to 25 systems last night with an admin account and received calls from 25 users they didn't have SourceTree installed anymore.  I've had to go to each users machine and rerun SourceTree while they are logged in.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Hi Kathleen, SourceTree gets installed at C:\users\<username>\Appdata..., so if you have different profiles in the same machine, you'll need to install SourceTree in all of them if you want to be able to use it in all the profiles. This happened with the change to the Squirrel installer in the version 2.x.

We have a Feature request to change this at SRCTREEWIN-7017. You can vote for it, add a comment or watch it to receive future updates.

Hope this helps!

Ana

Phill Fernandes January 1, 2020

Last I understood AppData was where applications are supposed store user's data and not their program data. The program data is supposed to be in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86). Why is this not the case with SourceTree. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I just had to rebuild my Windows profile because Outlook corrupted it and surprise..... SourceTree was gone upon login. I shouldn't have to reinstall a program because I rebuilt a profile.

Like # people like this
Nikhil Sidhaye March 30, 2022

More over now with DEV VMS in cloud applications should stay away from profiles. As VM Cloud having some restrictions on User Profile size.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events