Individual Issue Permissions

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

I have a project which is only accessible by two single users. Is it possible to allow access to an individual ticket in this secured project by another single user? I tested access by mentioning the user in the comment. An email was received with the comment in the email but the ticket was still inaccessible. The end goal is allow the current single users to give easy access to certain issues on a user by user basis without giving other users access to the rest of the project.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

You could set up an user customfield and give that value the needed permission. Also set up up issue security level to the value of this customfield in addition to the other two person (by group or role). So the user can see only the issues where he is in this customfield.

0 votes
Harish January 14, 2013

I have got a thought. But it may not work in all situations.

If the intended users are few in number then have a project created for each user as 'user 1 bucket', user 2 bucket'...

And user 1 will have access to 'user 1 bucket' only.

When the current user of the issue has to make the isue accessibile to only one user ( say User 1 ) then he can move the issue in the 'User 1 bucket' project.

this is just an idea. Not sure how far it works your scenario.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events