Incoming email settings Tests ok but still not receiving emails

Paul Ligeti February 27, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Troubleshooting issues with the email channel

My incoming email tests ok but I still don't get the emails in my JIRA Helpdesk. What could be going on?

1 answer

4 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2016

Hi @Paul Ligeti,

Do you have any mandatory fields in your portal?

You shouldn't have any mandatory field on your customer except for the summary.

Paul Ligeti February 27, 2016

Hi Georges, I'm not sure I understand what you mean? When sending an email to the generic JIRA email, emails will come into the helpdesk. When configuring the Incoming Mail with our companies POP, etc, it test's ok however emails are not coming through to the JIRA dashboard.

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2016

Hi @Paul Ligeti,

To define your situation here:

You have set up an incoming mail handler where users can send emails and they are automatically created in JIRA. Your issue is that they are being created but you can't see them in your dashboard or they are not being created?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events