Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Service Desk, how can a customer see a ticket via customer portal...

Trudi Ersvaer October 15, 2014

In Service Desk, how can a customer see a ticket via the customer portal that is raised on their behalf by a Service Desk agent or a normal JIRA user?  Setting the reporter to the customer name doesn't make the ticket appear in the customer's portal.

Use case:

• Customes calls support line
  • Customer has a portal login already
  • Agent or JIRA user raises a ticket in the service desk queue via the normal JIRA project view.
  • Agent or JIRA user tells customer ticket is raised
  • Customer logs into their portal
  • Ticket is not found by customer.

3 answers

1 vote
Trudi Ersvaer October 16, 2014

Hi, 

I tried a different avenue to get an answer and found out that this issue has been raised here: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-42

Regards,

Trudi.

0 votes
Maya Hocherman December 1, 2019

Hi,

I'm dealing with this issue too. Any solution?

Thanks,

Maya

Jeevan Prabakaran March 26, 2020

Im having the exact same issue. Anyone managed to fix this? 

Maya Hocherman March 26, 2020

You need to add his organizations to the ticketimage.png

Hi, 

I did. But customer still can't view though. 

Managed to fix. Its not only the organization, the ticket type had to be incident, it was earlier a Problem Ticket. Guessing some access issue when it comes to problem tickets. 

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Hi Trudi,

I suspect this is something to do with the way permissions are setup. Use the JIRA Admin Helper to check if the reporter has permission to view this issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions#ManagingGlobalPermissions-TroubleshootingpermissionswiththeJIRAadminhelper

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that feature existed.

Alas it doesn't help because there appears to be no option to check for something as simple as view a ticket or search for a ticket.  The problem is that the ticket doesn't appear in the Service Desk portal for the customer after setting the customer as the reporter.

Note, I have a ticket that was created via Service Desk, and one that was created via JIRA (both using the same project).  I am able to check permissions against both tickets using this tool and the permissions are the same as far as I can see.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Hey Trudi, The Browse Project permission is the one you should be looking for. Select the user, the issue and select Browse Project in the options in JIRA Admin Helper. Let me know what turns up. Below is the definition of Browse Project available in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions Browse Project: Permission to browse projects, use the Issue Navigator and view individual issues (except issues that have been restricted via Issue Security). Many other permissions are dependent on this permission, e.g. the 'Work On Issues' permission is only effective for users who also have the 'Browse Projects' permission. Also worth checking id the issue has an Issue Security level set on it.

Hi Bhushan, Background: Ticket 3 was created via the Service Desk portal by Customer A and Customer A can see this. Ticket 5 was created via jira project by agent, reporter changed to Customer A. Customer A can't see this. In Permission Helper I've set: User - Customer A Ticket - 5 Permission - Browse Projects Result Customer A does not have the 'Browse Projects' permission JIRA Service Desk does not override this permission In Permission Helper I've set: User - Customer A Ticket - 3 Permission - Browse Projects Result Customer A does not have the 'Browse Projects' permission JIRA Service Desk does not override this permission The result is the same for both tickets yet Customer A can see ticket 3. What is the Issue Security level?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events