In One Project, I need to be able to have teams based on roles or groups in order o have different assignee list for each team leader?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2012

Can this happen? and how? I'm not talking about issue visibility, Im talking about who can see which user when assigning the issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2012

I am guessing that you are talking about JIRA here. If so, it is not possible out of the box. You either need to create a new custom field type or manipulate the assignee list based on the logged in user using some Javascript. In the latter case, it wouldn't work for buk edit but it would be easier to achieve.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

what about developing a custom plugin instead of javascript ? is this possible?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

thanks.. option 2 is a work arround and acceptable in my case, but how, any body did this or did something same?

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

I have wrote something similar yesterday for security level here. The concept is same.

Writing a new custom field type using a plugin is more foolproof. Again, you can find some details here.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2012

:) Really thanks Mr.Jobin, I will check this, I might ask further details soon.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

Actually I reached a solution using Security Levels within project roles, I can now have the issue set by one super user who will distribute issues by selecting proper security level. but still the assignee list is the ghost here :), I will try to develop a custom list that will render based on current assignee (current user) security level/role and disable the original assignee list of JIRA what do you think Jobin? Your feedback please.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2012

You will have to honor the 'Assignable User' and 'Assign' permissions. You will also need to replace the 'Assign' operations on an issue as well as the gadgets that use the standard assignee field. The field will still appear in JQL causing confusion!

In short, it isn't an easy choice because the Assignee field is used in lot of places. Disabling it system-wide isn't an option! But if you can live with the above, then it is fine ;)

0 votes
wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2012

I tried to use components to make some sort of units, but I could not reach my goal.

Suggest an answer