Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Word documents loses paragraphs

qlcorp August 4, 2012

When trying to import a Microsoft Word document into Confluence, the author's intended formatting for paragraphs is lost.

I have searched for a solution, but the only workaround found at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/50371/importing-word-documents-does-not-bring-in-the-line-breaks is not acceptable for our application for the following reasons: 1) I have to import too many documents to reformat all of them. 2) the documents are maintained in MS Word by the respective authors 3) the MS Word work product is the source for other media including but not limited to print.

I tried to use this CSS, but it does not work on all browsers that are in use in the organization:

br

{ content: A !important;

display: block !important;

margin-bottom: 1.5em !important;

}

1 answer

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Maybe don't?

AppFusions has connectors to Box, Google Docs, Alfresco, Dropbox - so you can access, link, embed, edit your Word docs from Confluence, but leave them in their repo.

Use Confluence for new doc creation and collaboration around the legacy docs in the repo (or the PDFs, spreadhsheets, presentations, and Word docs.. )

These solutions are available at the Atlassian Marketplace - see videos, screenshots, or download an eval yourself.

Best,

Ellen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events