Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Pages from Disk "The directory specified does not exist, or cannot be accessed"

wavey davey December 5, 2012

Trying to import plain HTML file.

I am following all instructions and all conditions have been met as far as I can tell as per Atlassian page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+Pages+from+Disk

- it is a Global Space

- I am logged in as System Admin

However, it doesn't work. I get the message "The directory specified does not exist, or cannot be accessed"

I have tried putting file in different folders (network, on my local drive) and with and without trailing "\"

What could possibly be missing or required to make this work?

2 answers

0 votes
Ihor Tretyakov June 6, 2016

In my case I export Confluence space into XML and want import this in anouther wiki.

Help this page - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hi Wavey,

Which value are you inserting in the "Import Directory" field? This field shall be filled with a server path. Confluence is unable to fetch files straight from your own computer (or a network location).

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

wavey davey December 6, 2012

Aha, thanks, that is key information, though contrary to the instructions/info for this procedure:

"Confluence allows you to import text files from a disk or a directory on the Confluence server"

The sentence seems to give the following understanding:

1. from a disk (eg a hard drive, presumed to be desktop computer)

OR

2. from a directory on Confluence server.

But from your information, it appears it actually means:

1. from a disk (on Confluence server)

OR

2. from a directory on Confluence server.

Though a directory is on a disk on a server so hard to understand why there is distinction made.

Can you indicate what type of url/path that Confluence is expecting?

Probably something like:

\\servername\foldername\

Also, do I have to put file in to this?

\\servername\foldername\filename.txt

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events