Imported project, can't see issues on a fresh install

Tommy Bergeron November 14, 2012

Hi,

I just imported a project from my OnDemand backup, it all went well but I couldn't see the issues. I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues. Why is this happening?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

> I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues

Actually, that doesn't really follow - I'm an admin on several systems, but can't see most of the issues because I'm not in the right groups. (Of course, I can put myself in them, but admin does not, and definitely should not, give you access to everything)

Are you using the same account locally as you did on OnDemand? Have you checked the permissions schemes (which may include "admins can browse project")?

Tommy Bergeron November 14, 2012

You are so right. Thank you! It was because OnDemand groups are administrators, developers, users and Download's ones are jira-administrators, jira-developers, jira-users. So I re-added the groups in the right roles and now it's alright!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2012

Ahh, good, I thought it might be - the last time I saw an imported system with access problems, it was down to the user accounts not matching exactly, not quite what you had, but related!

0 votes
Miro Janosik November 5, 2019

In my case I was project Admin, but I could not see any Issues until I re-indexed ( Settings / System / Advanced / Indexing / Re-index ).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2012

> I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues

Actually, that doesn't really follow - I'm an admin on several systems, but can't see most of the issues because I'm not in the right groups. (Of course, I can put myself in them, but admin does not, and definitely should not, give you access to everything)

Are you using the same account locally as you did on OnDemand? Have you checked the permissions schemes (which may include "admins can browse project")?

Suggest an answer